[time-nuts] Re: shoestring budget & jitter AVR328p

Jim Lux jim at luxfamily.com
Wed Oct 18 14:22:14 UTC 2023

I would think that sample timing jitter would look like broadband noise. At least that’s what happens on an ADC - yes, the samples where there’s a large slope (d/dt) the jitter has a larger effect, but I think that “averages out” when looking at many samples. Some individual samples are perturbed more than others.

As for dividing down reducing the jitter, sure - it’s 20 log (N) - just like multiplying up.