[time-nuts] Re: Oscilloquartz 8663-XS stability problem

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Oct 29 15:46:56 UTC 2023

Hi

I think that the answer to the “double oven” question is that it is not one. The data sheets that have been tracked down do not make that claim. The tear downs do not show an inner oven. The device’s performance specs (and actual performance) are not in the double oven range.

It very much appears that somebody sometime somewhere claimed it was and … surprise…. it sold better. Thus folks have repeated that claim again and again. Since they are just re-selling scrap parts, they have very little knowledge about what the part is or is not. They just copy other listings for the same part.

Like any other “rumor” there is no way to stamp it out at this late date. It will just keep on being repeated until the end of time :)

Bob