[time-nuts] Re Connector issue

Wayne J Breda M.D.,D.Sc wjbmd81 at att.net
Fri Sep 22 19:37:03 UTC 2023

Matt,
I deal with these manufacturers almost weekly.
As far a a quick solution to your problem I would go directly to a
Amphenol Distributor IE; Newark or another House
or other on line Component House dealing in Amphenol MS Connectors.
Give them your new  Amphenol part no and series#. and they can match it
up very easily and probably have the mating connector insert in stock.
Or you can get Amphenol on line use the catalog
after you measure the mounting flange on the HP chassis match the shell
flange dimensions to their drawing for that series number, Purchase the
Flanged shell and have them install the male insert.
The only thing you need to do is unsolder the original connection,
remove the shell and reinstall, insert and solder the wires  back into
the 3 solder pots on the connector. At that point you have
a completely up to date in spec connector system for input power to your
device and you are good to go.

I am aware of the connector houses that advertise insert and assy.
services as does any authorized distributor such as Newark .
I have bought thousands of connectors as a consultant in Biomedical
Device Engineering and the small houses usually charge a arm and a leg
over the distribution houses.
In the long run I think you will ending up paying a higher price point
as  now you have purchased the female Amphenol cable connector.
I doubt you can return the connector you have purchased. if you can
return the item then follow the previous advice given by others.
If you cannot, Order a new Amphenol chassis male receptacle again of the
same series.
Regards,
Wayne J Breda M.D., D.Sc.
Chief Scientific Officer