[time-nuts] Strange effect with C-Field change

george george_margetts at nss.net
Fri Mar 25 01:08:49 UTC 2005

I had a similar experience about 2 weeks ago My (sirf chip set) gps lost
lock. It was in the afternoon around 1-3 pm I will have to check my logs
for the exact date and time.
The fed's like to jam gps from time to time around sensitive gov
installations the area can be quite large at high altitudes. I suspect
this is what happened to me. I'm in Las Vegas area (ground level) and
shouldn't be effected by these jamming tests but I have no other
explanition for my gps's erratic behavour. I issued warm restarts but
couldn't obtain any lock.  The gps clock was drifting all over the
place.. I finally issued a cold restart an had fix in under 3 minutes.
It apparently needed a new alminac to obtain fix.