[time-nuts] LPRO-101 with Brooks Shera's GPS locking circuit

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 21:25:52 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 11:05 -0800, Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi Brendan:

> Keep in mind that this design does work and that the above items relate
> to optimization not bug fixes.

I currently have the Brooks Shera design disciplining my LPRO-101
without any mods and using the ADC connected directly however the gain
is not high enough for the small EFC range of the LPRO.
It does work, it will keep it locked OK even with the longest
time-constant and the figures appear to make 'sense'. I guess that with
the excellent stability of the Rubidium Oscillator the lack of loop gain
may even be an advantage as it will reduce sensitivity to other sources
of short and medium term error

I certainly intend trying the modified PIC software to improve gain and
lengthen the filter time.

I would however be most interested in building and comparing with an
alternative discipline arrangement

Anyone care to comment on projects based around the SRS PRS10 module and
how it fares out in the scheme of things ?

73
Brendan EI6IZ