[time-nuts] Password recovery on Symmetricom TS3000/3100

Don Mimlitch donmeis at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 18:39:56 UTC 2007

Christophe:

You can usually reset the password only through the RS232 Port (NOT Telnet port)

My NTS-200 has a default password for operator of mercury. If you you power down/up the system.  the password on the RS232 temporarily reverts to the default. you can log in and use the F100 command to change the password.

On some other systems like the TimServe 2100 the RS232 port does not have a password so you can use  the serial port to changes the password.

I could not find a users manual for the timesource 3100 but It probably operates in a similiar manner on it's RS232 port.

I hope that helps
Don Mimlitch

P.S. Are any relation to Christiaan Huygens who is the father of the Pendulum Clock and held the first patent on a pendulum clock in the 17th century.