[time-nuts] The Observatory Vol Viii 1885

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun May 20 15:56:52 UTC 2007

Hi:

While trying to learn about pendulum barometric compensation I came across a
Google book that's very interesting.  Has minutes of the R.A.S. and other
meetings at the time just after Greenwich was selected to be the keeper of
time.  Here is a link to it:
<http://books.google.com/books?id=2FUKAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA366&lpg=PA366&dq=clock+pendulum+atmospheric+pressure+compensation&source=web&ots=hB2VVqo5Da&sig=G6a-IWDmH16iDyMfd9Cp76nO3tg#PPA1,M1>
Since there were no ISBN or other catalog numbers used back then it's awkward
to have a simple reference to it.

I also have the link on my Self Winding Clock Co. web page:
http://www.prc68.com/I/SWCC.shtml

Google is archiving books that are in the public domain and making them
available as free downloads, or to be viewed on line at
http://books.google.com
--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke