[time-nuts] Lucent RFTG-M-XO reference question

Tom Clifton kc0vsj at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 15:27:21 UTC 2007

Before I go and spend $150 on eBay for one - I would
like to know if they can be used as a stand-alone GPS
desciplined oscillator without the 10mhz input from
the rubidium unit.

Also - has anybody found a manual on-line for one of
these guys?

73 - Tom in St. Louis

There was an older posting from Oct 2005 describing
the RFG-M unit:

The board you are describing is used in the Lucent
RFG-M-XO reference frequency generator. It takes in 10
MHz on J2 from a Rubidium oscillator and disciplines
the Efratom SC cut OCXO on the main board from the 10
MHz input.

The output from the OCXO is converted to 15 MHz and
supplied as the reference output on J4.
The RFG-M-RB and RFG-M-XO normally mount together in a
chassis (which I didn 't get) and the modules are
connected to the chassis by a harness with a DB15 on
the chassis end. The pin out for the harness is as
follows:

DB15M     TO/Pin#                  Description
Pin #
1            RFG0 - P1-1            +24v 1.3A/0.6A
2            RFG0 - P1-2            Common
3            RFG1 - P1-1            +24v 0.6A/0.4A
4            RFG1 - P1-2            Common
10          RFG0 - J3-1             Alarm
11          RFG0 - J3-2             Alarm
12          RFG1 - J3-1             Alarm
13          RFG1 - J3-2             Alarm

A second interface cable ties the RB to the XO as
follows:

RBJ5   XOJ5
Pin #    Pin#
1            5
3            3

The male DB9 is P1 and pin 1 = +24v @ 400ma, Pin 2 =
Common. This will power
up the board so you can verify operation of the OCXO.
Unfortunately that is
all the information I have on the unit.
Hope this helps.

____________________________________________________________________________________Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.