[time-nuts] RACAL-DANA 1992 Option 04E problems

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Tue Jul 27 16:48:01 UTC 2010

Are you sure that the OCXO is failing?  I bought two 1992s.  One was
basically dead.  A custom IC (U39) was running at 90C with no heatsink.
In the working unit U39 was ~60C.  One of this chip's functions is to
process the oscillator before it's sent to the 10MHz STD. OUTPUT jack on
the back.  U39 is the socketed 40 pin dip located on the right side, in
front of the OCXO.  Maybe your unit has a flaky U39.

Ed