[time-nuts] From GPS World - Lightsquared has been given the goahead

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:06:51 UTC 2011

OK the threads run long enough and time to clarify all of this for everyone.
See its all about business and cost.

Currently the GPS service is a huge reoccurring open ended cos. Now we have
convinced everyone else in the world that they have to have the equivalent
or better system there are at least 3 alternatives that are electronic.

So cleverly we will disable GPS by military testing and other services so
that overtime everyone will buy an alternative solution. But you may need to
know french or russian or ...

Then we can stop this silly endless drains of money and send it to useful
places like re-election campaigns or better the roadside mile markers every
1/10th of a mile.

We sure fixed the one alternate we had called LORAN and saved $36M year.
Said with humor.
So if we are going to sink GPS I had better continue working on wwvb
technology.
Regards
Paul.