[time-nuts] HP 5061B

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Sep 3 14:46:53 UTC 2011

Jeff from your description it is not clear wether the noise is due to the
UPS or 5061B. The 5061 transformer most likely will complain with a crappy
signal input.I do not trust the output from UPS since many have a crappy
output  which is ok if your PC does not have PFC on the input.
I have in the past always used and recommended to run the units from 28
Volt direct, not even using the AC input. Batteries do not have to be deep
cycle  since power failures are not that prevalent and batteries will die from
chemical  deterioration rather than cycle use. Low voltage cut out is
mandetory since car  batteries will fail after a few full discharges.For instance
Costco car  batteries have long warranties and combined with a Guest dual 12
V 5/5 charger  makes a perfect set up for less than $230 and run time will
be about 24 hours.  If you do not mind making small changes to the A2
charger board you can get the  same result for half the price supplying power from
the 5061B. I prefer the  Guest approach and I have noticed a price
escalation on Guest chargers but you  can still get one for $110 shipping included.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 9/3/2011 6:32:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,