[time-nuts] Fedex Was Be aware of test equipment seller

Richard W. Solomon w1ksz at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 12 01:13:56 UTC 2012

Some years ago I bought a URM-25 from a Canadian seller. I had to go to the
freight company office to pick it up.

When I got there, a US Customs Official told me I would have to pay an Import
Duty on it. When I protested that it was being re-imported back into the country
of origin, I was greeted with indifference.

It was only when I told them to keep it and started to leave did common sense
kick in and I got my Sig Gen. I'll bet that could not happen today !!

73, Dick, W1KSZ