[time-nuts] PRS10

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Thu Aug 11 16:07:09 UTC 2016

> Le 11 août 2016 à 12:15, Martyn Smith <martyn at ptsyst.com> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a strange fault on a PRS10.  Wondered if anyone had seen it.
>
> I am running a PRS10 and at the same time monitoring its FC (the frequency control value) and Status byte data values.
>
> So normally, the Status shows are all zeros, except 2nd from last is a 1, showing the unit is not receiving any 1 pps signals.
>
> What happens is the FC value suddenly jumps from its current setting (-150 for example) to zero, for no apparent reason.

if -150 is really what you saw, then it is out of bounds as the two values returned by fc? are both +ve.
if they go to zero, check the eeprom values
fc!?
58,5485,1534,1434      for example
If they are reasonable then possible the eeprom is not being read correctly after reset.

> Then a short while later, the Rubidium's status bytles go crazy, mostly to FF.

This indicates a microprocessor reset .  After a power cycle you can see:
st?
255,255,255,243,162,255      ie most  FF
when you read again you get the current values
st?
0,0,0,0,130,0         for example
then if you reset the microprocessor
RS 1
PRS_10
st?
255,255,255,243,162,255      back to the initial state
st?
0,0,0,0,130,0

So it looks like you are getting resets. Possibly from brown outs. Maybe a low power condition at reset prevents eprom data being read correctly.

Are the affected RBs on the same power supplies?