[time-nuts] Need Time Help

Peter Torry peter.torry at talktalk.net
Wed Oct 5 13:18:00 UTC 2016

I must admit to being rather puzzled at the sub microsecond timing
requirement as I use ntp to set the W7 clock in my computer and have not
had any issues. In fact less than one second is OK for the usual two
minute periods that are required to allow for the Faraday rotation.
Although I use a GPSDO for a frequency reference I find JT software
reasonably tolerant of frequency.  As I may be missing something I would
welcome observations on how important the period timing requirement is,
you never know I might get more contacts.

Regards

Peter