[time-nuts] eBay GPS antenna.

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Feb 6 14:18:24 UTC 2018

Hi

There is no need for something this exotic for L1 only reception. It *is*
nice to have Glonass L1, but that’s about the extent of how fancy you
need to go.

As noted in another post, the preamp gain probably is pretty high
on this antenna. That’s a standard that goes back to the early days of
Trimble survey GPS gear. It’s great if you happen to want to drive a
32 port resistive splitter for your collection of GPSDO’s. If you have more
modest needs for splitting, pads would be a very good idea.

Bob