[time-nuts] TIC part NLA

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Thu Oct 11 22:32:07 UTC 2018

Bob wrote:

> A while back, there was a discussion on a part used in an older TIC (IIRC)
> design that had changed pinout between 74xx and 74{LS,ALS,H,F,etc}xx and
> the design used the older part. Does anyone remember what the part number
> was? I found a largeish stash of 74xx parts last time I was scouring the
> surplus places in Sunnyvale/San Jose, but I couldn't for the life of me
> remember what it was. I seem to recall it was a flip flop of some sort, but
> the exact part number escaped me.

Bob,

You are probably thinking of the 74AC175PC quad Dflops used by Richard
McCorkle in his PICTIC designs.  They went EOL about the time the design
was released (~2010, IIRC) and then disappeared much more quickly than
expected as industrial users bought them all up for legacy designs.

For those who have PICTIC or PICTIC II boards and no Dflops, and are
willing to hack the boards, SOIC 74AC175M's appears to still be available.

Best regards,

Charles