[time-nuts] Lots of Off Topic discussion,

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:00:07 UTC 2018

Hi Joe

Like myself you are not a RECENT ham.  Your first radio like mine was probably a Heathkit with Glassfet technology.   Like me you learned how to use WWV to set clocks and your VFO accurately

Fast forward to the ‘current’ generation of hams.  Most have been licensed 15 years or less.   They are interested in SDR, digital modes,  ‘The World Above 50 Mhz’ and to a lesser extent coherent CW.   This generation ‘knows’ WWV as a question in the exam pool and they never met W2NSD.

This is the generation of hams who DONT use WWV.   At many large tech companies you would be surprised at the number of hams but most of them don’t advertise the fact as I’dont because of the undeserved reputation of hams being behind the technology curve.   But everyone is gaga because i have a GROL+RADAR+GMDSS maintainer.

Content by Scott
Typos by Siri