[time-nuts] Neat looking DMTD unit on eBay

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Apr 23 14:38:17 UTC 2019

Hi

With any DMTD, the offset between the LO and the DUT is a critical part of the
resolution. Without much info on the LO, it is not very easy to work out just what
they might or might not be doing.

That said, with “normal” offset frequencies, a filpflop would be challenged to hit
the sort of resolution they are claiming. They might be using XOR gates ….

Indeed all of this is why some of the competition went with a DDS for the LO.

Bob