[time-nuts] 1 pps Accuracy in two locations

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Dec 4 15:25:30 UTC 2019

Hi

Taking “a few ps” to mean 1 ps (which is *not* what was said),
you likely need to have a pulse to pulse performance that was
good to << 1x10^-12 at 1 second. First step is to get a couple of
standards that have an ADEV below 1x10^-13 at 1 second. How
much below that level is going to depend on a few things. ( =
how much of the budget is used up by other parts of the system,
how well ADEV relates to what you really need …).

My guess is that the cost of those standards is a non-starter
for most applications.

Bob