[time-nuts] Using HP5071A with dead tube along with GPS

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 22:04:59 UTC 2019

I've actually done this...   Lady Heather has built in "alternate disciplining" algorithm for the Thunderbolt.   I tricked up some code to use this along with a TAPR-TICC to make a GPSDO.  The first (rather crude) hack worked pretty well.   I haven't had a chance to do it properly... yet.

The idea was to allow the 5071A to run with the CBT in standby for applications that do not require the cesium goodness.