[time-nuts] AN/URQ-10A

Roy Thistle roy.thistle at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 17 22:07:59 UTC 2019

Hi All:

I tried to search for this, in the forum, but, I didn't find much.

I'm interested in getting a AN/URQ-10A... I have the manual. It's an old on ship, frequency standard.

Does anyone have recommendations, or issues, concerning these units?

The one I am thinking of is a little bit high (about +10 Hz, I think) and can't be "tuned" back to 5 MHz, without... I am guessing calibration. But, I am wondering if... because of the positive drift, if the crystal is damaged.

By the way, how and why 5MHz... because its not that useful! … at least today.

Does a frequency doubler… assuming a lock on the standard... cause errors in the 10 MHz signal obtained?

Best regards and wishes

Roy