[time-nuts] AN/URQ-10A

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jul 17 23:23:22 UTC 2019

Hi

Positive aging on a crystal is not at all unusual. If your device dates to the 1970’s,
it’s had a *lot* of time to age. Aging up a couple ppm over 40 years is not at all
unusual ….

There are a variety of methods out there to double the frequency. The diode “rectifier”
doublers are generally the most stable approach. The thing to avoid is a lot of bandpass
filters. They will be temperature sensitive and “modulate” the output as temperature changes.

Bob