[time-nuts] multimeter

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Mon Mar 25 18:09:04 UTC 2019

The 87 is a good general purpose meter. My preference has been the now
obsolete Fluke 189. It was replaced with the 289, which is just
horrible. It eats batteries, is huge, takes forever to 'boot'. No one in
the ship grabs that one unless it's the last one on the shelf.

We've gone to orange meters now that we can't get more 189's. The
Keysignt U1272A has been a good replacement in our shop for the 189.

I also have a U1241B, and am quite happy with it. I find myself reaching
for the U1241B more often than the Fluke 189 as of late. It's smaller...

All that said, I'm certain you'll be happy 87 for what you plan on doing
with it.

Dan