[time-nuts] On choosing reasonable synthesizer PN requirements

Karen Tadevosyan ra3apw at mail.ru
Fri Apr 24 13:37:39 UTC 2020

Hello Bill,

Thank you for the clarification. It is especially pleasant that our opinions
are 100% the same.

However, I would like to find some tool for calculating the balance of the
radio link in order to understand exactly the reasonable requirements for
synthesizer's PN.

The issue of stability is now gone - I use a good OCXO with the well-known
Allan deviation values
(http://www.ra3apw.ru/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/OCXO_Allan_dev_photo-768x48
3.jpg &
http://www.ra3apw.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/OCXO_AllanDeviation_1-768x37
4.jpg ) and sufficient stability is confirmed by the successful work in FT8
mode via QO-100.

Regards,
Karen ra3apw