[time-nuts] Odd-order multiplication of CMOS-output OCXO

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sun Jan 19 23:03:38 UTC 2020

Hi Alex,

Well, all amplifiers will face that noise, but how it does it makes it
more or less an issue. Some digital inputs are better than others to
handle it, essentially by sub-sequent amplification stages, but most is
not fantastic at it. Wither it is the dominant source of noise or not
remains to be measured. This is where phase-noise measurement is such a
great tool for analysis, as ADEV smoothes things out to make it harder
to detect the root cause. This is why I say, measure phase-noise and
clean that up, before going to ADEV.

Cheers,
Magnus