[time-nuts] Re: 1 pps

Darren Freeman darren at freemaninstruments.com
Thu Nov 11 15:27:39 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-11-11 at 14:07 +0000, Andy Talbot wrote:
> I made a 5MHz doubler plus distribution for my HP5061. You can see
> the
> design at http://g4jnt.com/10MHzDist.pdf  The doubler is a full wave

It's worth noting that the HP5370A has a doubler on the reference
input. It will accept either 5 or 10 MHz, and in the case of 5 MHz, it
doubles.

It may not be as clean as what you need, but the full schematic is in
the service manual.

There is a reasonable chance that I could measure mine and see if it
comes close. Bear in mind that it converts to a square wave in order to
drive the counter, but also back to a sine wave for the reference
output.

Have fun,
Darren