[time-nuts] Re: FS740 Thoughts?

Matt Huszagh huszaghmatt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 21:45:31 UTC 2021

Dana Whitlow <k8yumdoober at gmail.com> writes:

> But if you can stand the ADEV hump around 2 sec, the PRS-10 is delightful.
>
> BTW, the ordinary factory new PRS-10 does provide for direct locking to 1
> PPS,
> but many of the available surplus units had that feature removed.  Tne new
> PRS-10's sold for years for $1595, but I see that it has gone up to $1695
> since
> I had last checked.

Have you had luck steering the PRS10 with GPS? One individual mentioned
to me that despite repeated efforts, he was unable to discipline the
PRS10 without significantly degrading the short-term stability and phase
noise.

However, if the performance as reported by SRS isn't just for some
impossible, ideal environment than one solution would just be to
replicate the circuitry they use for the loop filter and divider to
generate the 10 MHz PPS signal. Or, to just purchase the FS740.

Matt